Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 2009 Update

I have been busy after Brandi's shoot, some photography related, some not. Here is a quick list of what I have been doing:

Muse Project: A local photographers/models/MUAs meet, it was huge! There was about 20 photographers and 30 models! I didn't even get to count the MUAs. I took so many pictures, ~900! Since I take photos in RAW format, I got 13GB worth of data. I had to borrow a 4GB card from a friend to keep shooting! So, after that embarrassing experience, I bought another 8GB card for backup. Pictures from the Muse Project coming soon!

Business Cards: Another embarrassing moment I ran into at the Muse Project! Part of these get-together events is so that everyone can network. Well, kinda hard when you don't have a card... So, I have also designed myself a card, and it's currently being printed. Hopefully I will get them before my next shoot. There will be another post about the cards later.

Lighting Equipments: I usually shoot with natural light, it's my passion. But then I got to work with some studio lighting at the Muse Project, and after watching Zach Aries' OneLight Workshop DVD, I am really interested to add another element to my lighting. So, as of this morning, I caved and bought a set of Alien Bee's Cybersyncs wireless radio flash triggers and a small softbox for my Canon 580EX II. I look forward to trying these out at my next shoot. More pictures for you guys! Ha ha...

===========================================

So, tha's what I have done, and here is what's to come!

Photographers' Party: Remember Sheena? The awesome model I got to work with that had sweet boots? Aaron Lindberg was the first to shoot her, and he is throwing a party at his studio next week. I hope to attend and network with various people.

Sportbike Shoot: A mutual friend is doing a shoot with models and sportbikes. I don't have such photos in my portfolio, so I really want to go. We will see how this plays out.

Wedding: I am going to be second shooting a wedding with a friend, it should be fun. He is going to let me use his awesome equipments like the 1D Mark II, 16-35L, 300 f/2.8L, etc... *Drool* :D

Models: I still have like 8+ models that I need to schedule in and shoot, so I should be busy for the next few weekends... Yay!


Thanks for reading my blog! - Mike