Saturday, October 10, 2009

New lens! (Canon 24-70L)


So yeah, finally had my toys pay for themselves and break even a little bit ago, and I couldn't resist buying MORE new toys! There are many things on my wish list, so I doubt this will stop any time soon...

So, last time I got myself a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens, it was awesome, has been my favorite workhorse lens. However, my wide end was still only covered with my 18-55mm IS kit lens. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good lens, but I really would like the f/2.8 fixed aperture. Makes shooting in manual a heck of a lot easier.

I had two choices: the 24-70mm f/2.8 or the 16-35mm f/2.8 zoom lens. I decided on the 24-70mm instead because it will couple nicely with my 70-200mm zoom lens. The 24-70L was also about $200 cheaper. So yeah, I took a picture of it with my iPhone 3GS as soon as I mounted it on. Hope to play with this lens more and learn to get creative with it!

No comments: