Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lockheed L1011 at the Kansas City Airline History Museum

Think of this as a sneak preview to Cara and Ryan's wedding... They had the wedding reception at the Kansas City downtown airport, inside the hanger which houses the Airline History Museum. I was shooting with Sarah of Sarah Dickerson Photography, who was not only a flight instructor there, but also one of the board members! Therefore, we had access to the ramp for some cool shots.

While Sarah was inside getting Cara and Ryan ready, I had time to mess around. So, I used Sarah's tripod and tried some long exposure shots of the city night scape and this airplane. This particular shot was shot with my Canon 5D Mark II and the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, at ISO 800, f/18, 24mm, and 20 seconds exposure. See the blue lighting on the side of the airplane? During the 20 seconds, I ran over and manually popped a flash from the 580EX II at full power.

I just love the shot after I took it, and was giggling like a little girl! Ha ha! But that's because I was happy I got close to Sean Norman's airplane shots, who inspired me. Hopefully this shows that I have learned something from him. Enjoy~

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I didn't know you popped a flash during the exposure. How cool!!

Unknown said...

Its been 8 days...chop chop with the editing.