Saturday, October 25, 2008

Christy C #2

Christy's Shoot Album

Awww yes... Sorry about the long wait! Finally another REAL post, one that has photos! If you recall, Christy was actually the very first model I shot, she volunteered to help me start my portfolio. Well, I kinda sucked at the time, so giving her a proper reshoot was the only way I can repay her. She seemed to like them... phew!

This shoot was also my first shoot with two flash units, a Canon 580EX II (that I recently bought) and a 580EX I that I borrowed from a friend. The 580EX II was on my camera with a sto-fen diffuser, and the 580EX I was on a tripod, being triggered wirelessly via the Canon's trigger technology. I still have much to learn, but I think I am getting better!

Normal portrait shot


The slave flash was placed to the picture left, pointing at her. The flash on my camera filled her face.


Slave flash to picture right, giving the hair some highlights.


Slave flash from left, natural light from the windows on the right.


Gotta have a full body shot! :)


And we end with a beautiful B&W! She was actually fixing her cloths, but I saw this shot later.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Mike, those were awesome!!! I was really worried that I wasn't giving you a whole lot to work with - just felt off during the entire shoot...but you turned it around. That's one of the true marks of a good photographer right there!

matthew said...

Mike,
Nicely done. That second shot is the hero of the bunch by far. Great lighting and excellent composition.

The last one has a nice feel to it as well.

Great work!